Srila Prabhupada's 7 purposes of Iskcon:
1. To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all people in the techniques of spiritual life in order to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world.
2. To propagate a consciousness of Krishna (God), as it is revealed in the great scriptures of India, Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam.3.
To bring the members of the Society together with each other and nearer to Krishna, the prime entity, thus developing the idea within the members, and humanity at large, that each soul is part and parcel of the quality of Godhead (Krishna).4. To teach and encourage the sankirtana movement,
congregational chanting of the holy name of God, as revealed in the teachings of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.
5. To erect for the members and for society at large, a holy place of transcendental pastimes dedicated to the personality of Krishna.
6. To bring the members closer together for the purpose of teaching a
simpler, more natural way of life.
7. With a view towards achieving the aforementioned purposes, to publish and distribute periodicals, magazines, books and other writings.
Our focus is to continuously chant the Holy Names of Krsna, sing and hear Krsna's pastimes, give protection and worship to mother cow.
Peace and harmony will be the result.
Consistency and fixed determination will bring our efforts to having kirtan 24/7.
Please chant this mantra with firm faith:
Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna
Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama
Rama Rama, Hare Hare
Murari Sevaka farm established in 1976 by the founder acarya HDG, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada, naming the presiding deities, Sri Sri Nitai Gaurachandra.
The current temple president is Gadi das who is whole-heartedly committed to Krishna and Murari Sevaka.
Self-sufficiency Murari Sevaka constantly strives to be as self-sufficient as possible.
We are currently planning to upgrade to solar power panels and methane digesters.
Harmoniously gathered wood was used to build our existing cabins and our expansion plans include the construction of eco-friendly housing units utilizing the use of recylced materials such as staw and clay found on our land.
Our focus and goals:
The past to present: